mercredi, novembre 30, 2005

Vibrant colours, Sweat colours, Coloured colours !







Janko Nilovic est l'une des signatures les plus courues de l'illustration musicale made in Paris. Les disques suivants, SUPRA POP IMPRESSIONS (MP 2000) '73 et SWEET COLOURS (Crea Sound) ' 7? , s'ils ne figurent pas parmi ces plus belles réussites, n'en sont pas moins une belle introduction au musicien... Le premier, rock, est plus énervé (guitares, orgues, clavecin ! et le toutim) ; le second est bucolique et romantique (envolées vocales aériennes et légères doublées d'un merveilleux flûtiste, le tout accompagné d'un peu de violon pour les compos de Nilovic). Ces deux disques sont co-signés, Supra pop avec dave sucky, Sweet colours avec 4 autres musiciens. Mon préféré est le second, pour la performance vocale, mon instrument préféré chez les filles.


NB : Avec ce musicien, de par sa liberté et la richesse de son vocabulaire, la space age pop n'est pas très loin... et n'oubliez pas le lien, un interview de Scopia avec Nilovic.


xxx

what do you think of theses beautiful colours :



(trouvé ici, par ailleurs cette photographe émérite a d'excellentes fréquentations musicales ici !)



xxx

Ceux qui rêvent de jour ont conscience de bien des choses

qui échappent à ceux qui rêvent seulement la nuit.

Edgar Allan Poe


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonyme said...

sublime! merci pour janko nilovic et merci pour barbara moore, c'est du premier choix

12/01/2005 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger QQF resident said...

In a word: stunning! I wouldn't say I know a lot about library or soundtrack music etc. I just pick up records from labels and shops I like. Around three years ago or so I came across what was then called Pulp flavor - through a Japanese online store (I was looking for some artist I can't remember). I then looked up Pulp Flavor on the internet and have been a happier music collector since. I've found lots of treasures there, the greatest one being Nilovic. He blew my mind. His tenderness, his elegance, his groove. And his playful ability to switch between styles without compromising in quality. I mention this because the two records you generously present here appear quite differently to me and I love both. But "Sweet colours" with its sweet nostalgia and beautiful melodies is the first one to unbalance me. To me this is one of my greatest finds at any blog. Vadim Music are great fans of Nilovic so there's always hope of more reissues - strange that this wonderful artist hasn't received more attention.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for this post which to me, on a personal basis, is one that is hard to match. Because of its beauty and because Nilovic is so! hard to find.

(You wouldn't have Cortex' album called something with "Bleu" - I think it's their first album? Was sold out on CD when I discovered Pulp Flavor and is impossible to find. Afraid I don't have a turntable, because I move around too much. Anyway, I'll be visiting your blog in the future - so if you do, perhaps one day I'll find out.)

12/03/2005 04:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonyme said...

merci pour cette musique illustrative,
regarder et écouter le livre de jonny strut "The Music Library" ,
Un de mes compositeur préféré Roger roger, a réaliser un disque :"Musique idiote", l'avez vous écouté? ou encore
"sport en plein air"?
Encore merci pour cette music si rare à
écouter.

12/04/2005 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger spacesick said...

thankyou! these are amazing.

12/07/2005 07:29:00 AM  
Blogger the gardener said...

thank for comment !

12/09/2005 06:40:00 PM  
Blogger Friendlier said...

I had always heard of Janko Nilovic but never been able to locate any of the records. WOW. This is incredibly lovely, some of the best "Library" I've heard. Thanks you!

2/11/2006 05:12:00 PM  
Blogger Miss F said...

ditto all the praises above. a magical, subLime album, to cling to, cherish, love and savor all your life.

thank you so much for introducing me to this gem, which makes my life so much m0re beautifuL. it is music like this that makEs me feel so happy to be alive to enjoy whatever life has to offer.

i just wanna close my eyes and drift off to cloud 8.5 (aLmost cloud 9) being swayed by mr. Nilovic.

i feel the same way as QQF resident,"To me this is one of my greatest finds at any blog"

many many thanks and good cheers to you from the phiLippines

9/18/2006 05:13:00 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home